baguio day 4: strawberry farm


DAY FOURRR! STRAWBERRY FARM! This is actually not in Baguio anymore but in La Trinidad. Still in the province of Benguet but a different municipality. I just had to mention this. Nakakatawa kasi how I thought before that "Baguio" is the province itself. Hehe! Pasensya na, mahina lang sa geography. :P

So for our last day, we headed to Strawberry Farm to.. guess what?? Pick strawberries!!! Hahaha! You can actually just buy strawberries outside for P250 per small basket but where's the fun in that, right? So we decided to pick the berries ourselves. The twist? It will become P400 per basket if you're going to pick them yourself. The strawberries kasi are very delicate and they have to consider the wastage from casual pickers. And come on, a difference of P150 for the experience? Definitely not bad!




More than anything, I loved seeing Mithy enjoy the experience. Feeling ko, hindi na ako nakapag-pick ng strawberries sa kakapicture ko sa kanya. Haha! But seriously, it's hard to explain. It just feels so good to be an instrument for the welfare of the kids. Just so you have an idea, I am the greatest aunt ever buying everything for the kids -- food, toiletries, books, clothes, shoes, toys, lahat! I bring them to places, I let them experience things. But the thing is, we have a little family drama going on. But I guess no matter how angry and disappointed I am right now, I'd always wish for the kids' well-being. Ano ba 'to! Enough of that. I'd probably write a life update in the coming days but for now, let's get this over and done with. Must work on the backloggsss! Hahaha! 





If I am going to elaborate more on the experience, it's not exactly easy 'cause first of all you have to walk on sticky mud. I repeat, sticky mudddd! Haha! You can opt to wrap your shoes in plastic (they're for free), but it doesn't make walking any easier. Eventually you'll let go of the plastic wrap 'cause sale-salengkwang na sya! Hahaha! Did I really just use that word on the blog? I did? Oops! 

And then there's the narrow aisle between the rows of strawberry forbs. Gusto ko nang maginarte ng, "ayoko ng masikip! ayoko ng maputik!" Hahaha! Yes, that was a Maricel Soriano line. Hehe! But anyway, there are thin bamboo arcs naman that you can hold on to. And of course, even if it wasn't easy-peasy, it's still worth experiencing. Although our mom and 6-month old Aya had to skip it. Understandable, right?









After the strawberry picking, we went back to Baguio to have lunch in Good Taste Cafe. And it didn't disappoint, the food tasted good indeed! Hahaha! We all agreed that if we're going to rank all the restos we ate in, Good Taste will come first, then Balajadia in Slaughter House, and lastly Rancho Norte in Ketchup Community. 

Also, papi got to see another good friend before we head home -- Councilor Peter Fianza. It was nice of him to actually drop by in Good Taste just to see my father. I felt like our Baguio trip was a success. We got to bring papi in the old places he's been to, and he met two old friends -- Tito Jun and Tito Peter. 

I actually plan to bring papi next to Ilocos 'cause it's where he was born. And then probably after that, Davao naman for my mom. But of course, I have to save first. Yun talaga yun eh. Hahaha! But honestly, it feels good na pinaghihirapan mo. You get to value every experience more. You can to celebrate each victory more. See? It's just a matter of perspective. So let's always choose to see the good. 

Share This Article:

, , , , , ,

COMMENTS

0 comments :

Post a Comment